Makes everything 30% more delicious (not a guarantee). Put it on vegetables or chicken, or stir it into cream or cheese sauces for pasta.
I know this is a little elaborate to be called Cajun seasoning but there are a lot less herbs than seem to be typical of Creole seasoning mixtures. I dunno, this is just what tasted best to me. Somebody from Louisiana educate me please.
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp fine ground black pepper
- 2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp jalapeño pepper powder (substitute additional 1/4 tsp cayenne if you don't have it)
- 3/4 tsp MSG
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container. Put on food, then put food into face.
I use very hot (60,000 Scoville) cayenne powder in this recipe. If your cayenne is old and stale or just not as hot, you may want to replace some of the paprika in this recipe with additional cayenne.